Friday, November 06, 2009

Hexagons



A couple more hexagons for your viewing pleasure. These are such fun little "bits" to hold in your hand and embellish and embellish and then embellish some more. When I have them in front of me, they look absolutely "full" and totally embellished. However, looking at these pictures, they look a little bare. Hmmm.
This month is my busiest month for craft shows -- every weekend until after Thanksgiving. Along with a full time job, I am sometimes meeting myself coming and going.
I want to thank all of you for the comments about my new treadle machine, especially Dorothy B (you came through as a no-reply blogger). Dorothy gave a link to a group: http://www.treadleon.net/ where there's lots of information on treadle machines.
My new machine is home, in my front room, and I have tried practicing a little more. As I'm sure will come as no surprise, Madeline loves to sit on the metal pedal, so I keep the belt disengaged when I'm not at the machine.
I'll be back, later, hopefully with more hexagons or other things to show.

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Really beautiful work! Good luck to you at the shows!

Cat said...

Hi! Lovely crazy quilting on the hexagons!

The new sewing machine is great, can you believe the intricate detail they use to put into decorating the machines! They are a work of art in themselves.

Smiles, Cat