Friday, September 11, 2009

New Project

Over the Labor Day weekend, I got the urge to start a new project. On one of my Yahoo groups, a challenge was put out to have a large crazy quilt completed by 2012. The battle cry is "CQ by 2-0-1-2" (it rhymes). I started out with one idea, a CQ I had been working on off and on (mostly off). But it just wasn't calling my name. Then an idea popped in my head and I thought about it and then I took off full blast.

Here's what one corner of the sewing room looks like when inspiration strikes:

Boxes of fancy fabrics and a big tub of vintage kimono and obi fabric. These guys are finally going to see the light of day and no longer be cooped up in boxes and plastic bins. I worked and worked for 2 days piecing blocks and you know what? The piles don't look any smaller -- they still look the same size. How can that be? How many blocks do I have to make before I notice a dent in the stash? Sheesh!

My little friend got all "hyper" with all the activity going on -- pieces of fabric thrown to the wind, lots of strings to play with, the iron cord whipping back and forth.


So far I have 19 blocks. I'll show them next time.

4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love your green-eyed helper, Lesa. Bet she can stir things up really good! 19 blocks, eh? Can't wait to see 'em.

Charlene said...

Oh, my! Dents in the stash box and hard to find :-).

How many blocks will it take, what size are they, and what is the theme? Love, love Maddie's expression. "What will come flying over next?"

JK said...

This is just the beginning of the payback I told you about. And that face tells it all.

Gina E. said...

OMG, I thought I had a lot of fabrics stashed away! But I'm not as much of a quilter as a stitcher, and haven't been accumulating patchwork fabrics for as long as you - gimme time!
Love little Maddie's face peering through the pile!