Thursday, September 17, 2009

CQ

As promised, here's some of what I've been working on.


13 hexes pieced. From the top to the bottom, each hex measures 5.5 inches and I used 6 or more fabrics in each one. And still that pile of fabrics in my room seems just as large as it was before I started. I actually have 21 pieced now, but this is the first group. Do you like the peacock center on the blue one in the center of the grouping?
Then after all that piecing comes embellishment:

Pink one



Green one (some people see green, some see gold -- it is green, trust me).



Back to work.

9 comments:

Susan/CqLily said...

What a wonderful plan for an art/CQ quilt! I love this idea and, of course, the peacock.
Your embellishment is especially beautiful!
Are you piecing fabrics and then stitching them around paper templates or...?
Anyway....Gorgeous!

Gerry said...

Very cool! I love the hex idea - how creative. At the rate you're getting through it, you'll be able to do another one before 2012.

JK said...

This is gorgeous kiddo! Hope you do great at the show.

Deborah said...

Beautiful!

Charlene said...

Wow - this is beautiful. What a major undertaking, but that's who you are! I love, love the green one - and the peacock! Lovely work, Girlfriend!!

Judy S. said...

Nice work, Lesa! How large are these hexes? They are going to make a fabulous quilt!

Gina E. said...

Ditto to all the above comments - it is stunning, Lesa! That is another technique I want to learn in my patchwork classes - that hex shape, and how to put them together.

Christy said...

Hey Girl! K...so it's been like forever since I've visited. Thanks for your kudos on my alien work! I seriously doubt that hour's gonna help much, but we'll see :)

Love this quilt! You always have such great ideas!

Hugs!

Connie said...

I love the idea of using hexagons for a CQ quilt -- gorgeous!