Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Garden Time

I know this isn't a gardening blog, but I thought I'd share a few photos of my yard with you all. It's been a very wet and cool spring this year and the plants are loving it.

An orange iris. This one ended up having 4 flowers.


A patch of wild flowers.

A giant hosta -- this is only one of about 6 or 7 hostas that live in the shaded side yard.

And how about this one? How many of you know what it is? Who would have thought that potatoes would have such pretty blooms on them? (LOL).


I've been working hard dyeing some lace and things. Some will go for prizes in a contest we're having at CQForNewbies -- others may go into the Etsy shop (which has been vacant for soooo long). I'll be back, hopefully, later in the week with more things to share.

And before I forget -- I want to thank all of you who took the time to comment on Ethel Rose and Emma Violet (last post). I'm glad you all enjoyed the story (and I didn't even tell you about the woman who owned the bar, Caroline. When I saw Bette Davis in the movie What Ever Happened to Baby Jane, I immediately screamed, "OMG, it's Caroline!"). I do appreciate each and every one of you who comment -- and HEY! I updated my blog template and found out I have followers. How cool is that? I didn't even know! So thank you all again.

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

I remember when that beautiful iris bloomed last year! What kind is it, do you know? Isn't this a great time of year? When we get back from visiting our new grandbaby, I'm going to try to be a better participant in CQ4N.... This spring has been consumed with knitting baby stuff for the 3 new family members!

Maddie Can Fly said...

Judy, I don't know what kind of iris it is. It was "rescued" when my neighbor dug up a bunch of hers and just threw them out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Charlene said...

How lovely your yard and flowers look. It has been SO wet here that mine is mostly weeds - albeit some I do think pretty! Even saw some near work that I'd love to share - think anyone would mind? I'm just thankful for HAVING a spring this year.