Friday, January 30, 2009

End of January


It's finally coming to the end of January, my least favorite month. It's been bitter cold, we've had some snow and ice, but thankfully, we did not get all the ice and huge accumulation our neighbors to the south and east got.
That was supposed to be our weather, and in fact, 5 years ago, it WAS our weather. A big storm that rained ice on us for a day and a half and then took all the power out to three-fourths of the city (I was one of them). We dodged the bullet and I am so glad. Here's to February and an early, early spring. Madeline is looking for spring -- I don't think it's out there yet, Maddie (LOL).

I've had this picture on my camera for about three weeks now -- it's my Birds of a Feather quilt block. This is my favorite block because I love the bird's nest and the eggs in it. This block looks very cool when the quilting is done on it and I can't wait to start that. I only have two more applique blocks on this quilt and I have them both prepped and just waiting for the needle. Then there's just a couple of pieced blocks and it will be ready to put together.
Since my baby couldn't find Spring, she decided to go back to bed.

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love your bird block, Lesa, and your Maddie photos. Our two felines stake out the hot air vents and love to sleep right on top of them. You'd think they'd roast their fur!

Wilma said...

Love your applique block Lesa, this will become a beautiful quilt.

Gina E. said...

Oh Lesa, Maddie is so cute and fluffy! Your photos of her are just adorable. Just as well she isn't over here right now; believe me, she is far better off with snow and ice, than we are with bushfires all over our State. Our Topsy stayed in one spot all day today - behind the curtain in the lounge, in darkness. I guess because it was dark she thought it would be cooler. It wasn't...

Charlene said...

I can't wait to see the birds quilt. It just HAS to be gorgeous - all the blocks are! Maddie is such a photogenic model - Pixie turns into a black blob! Here's hoping for Spring for both of you! We've had a little taste recently, and it's sure nice!!

Anna W. said...

Thank you for posting to my new blog. I am in school full time and its so hard to get stitching time. I really think and hope the blog will somehow force me to give myself more stitching time.