Monday, December 22, 2008

Almost That Time



Here it is, my last two days of work before the Christmas holidays -- YAY!!!! Look at this sweet face. Do you recognize it? You should. It's my sweet Maddie, rendered in cross-stitch by my long time cyber friend Whit. I love it and think she did a great job with my little "booger" face.

It's been freezing (literally) here all this weekend. Actual temps of not much above zero and wind chills of 25 below. A nice weekend to stay inside and get back to some of my things that have been neglected during the craft show frenzy.

I'm back working on Come Into the Garden Maude. I started the beading on the right hand side (because I'm left handed). This time I actually thought about it (a new concept (g)), and decided to work from right to left, hoping that I won't be tangling and snarling my threads over previous beads. I'll let you know if it works.

In the following order (if Blogger cooperates): the snake, one of the butterflies, and a close up of the butterfly.




I hope all of you have a Merry, Merry Christmas, a Happy Holiday or Hanukah and that everyone in the cold parts are keeping warm. For those of you in the warm parts, please take pity on us frozen ones and don't brag too much about your warm temps, and if you could, please send us some of that warmth. I for one am very tired of Canadian air. If there are any Canadians reading this -- PLEASE keep your artic air up there. I'd sure appreciate it (LOL).
I probably won't be back until after the first of the year -- so everyone also have a safe and happy New Year. Here's to 2009 -- let's hope it's not as gloomy and dire as all the newscasters and talking heads would have us believe.

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

I love the way Maddie's eyes seem real on that stitchery. Have a wonderful Christmas, Lesa!