Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Block


This is my latest Birds of a Feather block. Bet you all thought I had forgotten about this project during my craft show mania -- nope. Still plugging along. This is a 15.5 inch block. Somehow I managed to save all the big blocks for last (LOL). I've prepped the next one and it is also a 15.5 inch block. The pattern didn't call for it, but I think I'm going to add some of the little berry circles like in the other blocks. This one just seems so plain and a little naked.

While I was sitting and stitching on this, this little face appeared. It's like she's saying, enough of that sewing, look how cute I am, wouldn't you rather play with me?

And when I explained to her that I had a deadline and had to finish this, then we would play, she decided to take a little nap herself.

6 comments:

Judy S. said...

Your BOF blocks are going to make a wonderful quilt, Lesa. You are an awesome appliquer! Love that Maddie-cat!

Charlene said...

No, I didn't think you had forgotten - but you do so much, and it seems like the more you have going on, the more you get done. Maddie is a doll baby! Don't you love how they communicate with us? Of course you do!

Christy said...

That block is so cool! Alright, I'm gonna have to pick your brain on applique. Never could figure that out....well, anyway, it never looks right when I do it. LMAO!

Maddie is so precious...and onery. I can see it sticking out all over her fur! I'd be lost without mine, I know how great it is when they "help" too. Speckles specialty is pressing the really soft fabrics.....

Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Hugs!

JK said...

Hey darlin...what's shakin? Love the pics of the Mads... I see her and miss Syd.. I loved that book My Grandma's Patwork Quilt..we don't have it here.. Course our libraby is the size of a shoebox..but the price you pay when you want to live in solitude and peace.. Wonder if they would have that for sale somewhere.. Mom would love that.

Great work darlin...I hope you make a killing this year at the show.

Susan said...

Really pretty block - actually looks windblown and free. =)

Gina E. said...

'This little face appeared'...awww, that is so cute! I just love it when cats do that - come up and look at you. I wish I could read their minds; I swear they read ours!