Tuesday, September 09, 2008

First Show 2008


As promised, here's some pics of our first craft show for the 2008 season. I share booth/tent space with my parents and they do all the wooden things. My father saws, cuts, carves wood and my mother paints her little heart out.

The day started out a little cloudy, but our weathermen assured us there was only a 30% chance of rain late in the afternoon. So much for listening to the weathermen!

Around 2:00, the sky opened up and poured. The only good thing for us is that there was absolutely no wind. But after 45 minutes or so in the pouring rain, it was time to pack up and call it a day. It was a shame too as the crowd was great, everyone was having a good time, sales were more then we expected, and then Mother Nature arrived (LOL).

6 comments:

Judy S. said...

Did you do all that X-stitch? Love the crows pillow.

Ati. Norway. said...

Dear Lesa, your stuff looks great. Lots of luck with the sales !

cq4fun said...

Too bad about the rain. I loved seeing the pics of the booth and what you had to offer. I guess there will be several more, though, so you will have more chances?

Charlene said...

Sounds like this may be a great year for the fairs/shows! All your things look so pretty, but I know it must be a challenge to keep your stock replenished. Love those witch boots!! Have fun, and best of selling!

Louisiana Momma said...

i always enjoy looking at your show pictures - you have some great display ideas, and it's also nice to see what other people make for the shows.. what was your biggest seller(s)?

Marcia said...

Enjoyed seeing your display! Mine is similar but I use old beat-up crates...for a more rustic look. Too bad about the rain though, but I agree the wind is the worst! Lots o' luck on your future fairs!