Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Package in the Mail


Look what arrived in my mailbox over the weekend. This big, totally unexpected bunch of silk ribbons from Pat Winters. I order from Pat whenever I can as her ribbons are beautifully colored and oh, so soft and silky -- not to mention the wonderful lavender scent that all her packages have. Pat always sends a little extra something and when I thanked her for the extras and told her how I was sharing it with some of my newbies on CQForNewbies, this was her response. This beautiful package of ribbons to share.

The ribbons on the left are what Pat calls "Bits." These are lots of shorter pieces, perfect if you make flowers from gathering ribbons, etc. The ones on the right are long lengths of all of her colors, even some organza in there. And this organza is soooo soft. Not like that stiff stuff you find in the craft stores and that I have fought with for the last time (g).

She also sent me these:

Aren't those little fairies on the ribbon tags so adorable? I will be having a give-away for some of this ribbon in the very near future.
For now, first dibs on the ribbons will go to members of my list, CQForNewbies. I know there are several gals on there that would like to do silk ribbon embroidery but just can't afford the supplies right now. After that, stay tuned for the give-away, probably next month.
If you don't want to wait or take your chances, then go to Pat's etsy shop -- there are still some ribbons left in there. But I wouldn't wait -- when she does dye her ribbons and put them in the shop, they go pretty dang fast.
Thank you again Pat!! I appreciate it and I know the recipients of these ribbons will also.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lesa, I would love to be part of your "share"! Supplies in my area are far & few between. Thanks, Debbie (Maine) campmoxie@yahoo.com.au

Judy S. said...

Pat is a sweetie and very talented also, isn't she! Thanks, Lesa, for encouraging me to join the NBN swap. I'm having fun with my block. Thanks for hosting this!

Wendy said...

Lesa, I would love some of your ribbon give away. There is no local shop to buy supplies from in our small town. Thanks Wendy

Susan said...

How sweet of Pat! And how sweet of you to share with the newbies. You are nice people. =) I don't need any, 'cause I have Pat make colors for me, and 'cause I don't qualify as a newbie, but it's nice to know that you are doing this.

Pat Winter said...

Lesa, you are so sweet. Thank you. I think I will have to continue sending the bits to you for this purpose. I usually let my students or kids have them, or pack them and put them on etsy when I have tons. This is a better source for them. Thanks for looking out for our CQ newbies. Keeping CQ alive!!!!!!!
Hugs,Pat

SH Sue said...

Lesa - I want your ribbon stash to go to someone who has difficulty finding good supplies. But, what a score!