Thursday, July 10, 2008

What's This?

Give up? It's the bobbin case for my Janome 6600 machine. I've sewed so much that I wore it out. Seriously. Well, I wore out the spring for the little cutting thingy. That's the little arm that's floating around in the center of the bobbin case. I love the automatic thread cutter. Just touch that button and it cuts the threads clean off. No messy ends hanging, nothing that I have to go back and clip (and I hate threads hanging off blocks, etc.). But now I get to go and buy a new one. And I was on such a roll sewing away. . . . . It's not just the thread cutter that kept me from sewing -- the whole bobbin doesn't work with that little arm sticking out.

So what's a girl to do when her sewing machine is down? Time to hand sew. I finished up my July Birds of a Feather block WAY early for this month.


I decided to change this one. I didn't like those little circles the pattern called for. One of the other blocks used the bigger circles so I used that size for this block. I like it a lot better and I'm sure you to doo (g).

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

You sure don't know how much you use something until it doesn't work, right, Lesa?

Nice changes on your bird block. That's quite a project and going to be a very nice quilt when you're done with it!