Friday, June 20, 2008

White on White

Add Image
I've told you all about my friend Crazy Judyth, who sells great packages of CQ (crazy quilt) fabrics. Here's what I did with one of her white on white packages. I saw this idea for a blouse on whip.net, where they took a blouse, cut off the bottom and attached handkerchiefs. I tried that and didn't like it. So now I had a blouse with the bottom cut off. Hmm. What to do. I know! CQ it! So that's what I did.

I added some embroidery, several pieces of lace, a doily with some silk ribbon embroidery on it and beads and buttons galore. I had to keep the embellishments a little on the conservative side since I do have to sit in my chair at work and lean back. Nothing worse then having a bead or a button pressing on your spinal cord all day (LOL). There are a couple of little yo-yo flowers also.
After I finished all the embellishing, I then sewed the bottom of the blouse back on to the rest of the blouse. The silk/satin/fancy fabrics are all from Crazy Judyth. There are a few cottons thrown in, just because I like to mix things up, and those are strictly from my stash. Judyth specializes in the fancy fabrics only, no cottons.

So if you have an old blouse hanging around that you're not too crazy about -- be brave and cut the bottom off and try this -- not just white on white -- use colors or make a theme blouse. I can't wait to try this on some of my other old blouses. It's a fun project and really didn't take all that long -- about a weekend project, working on it off and on.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. When you told me about this I couldn't visualize it. At all. Actually what I was expecting was some hokey looking thing.
This is wonderful! You did a beautiful job and it's even something that I find beautiful. Way to Go!
And now that I've seen what you do with them, I'll dig out some more for you.
You should be proud.

Judy S. said...

Your blouse turned out great, Lesa.
It looks really classy! Could you use the blouse fabric on the end as your foundation fabric and save yourself that step? (That's a cool website also. Thanks.)

wilma said...

Love the CQ you did on the blouse, you can even wear it when going to a party, it is almost a pity to wear it at work!

SH Sue said...

OMG! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it. Great job and how feminine!!!

Judy in Indiana said...

Lesa,
That is beautiful...I bet you'll have strangers asking about it!
Judy in Indiana

Charlene said...

What a great job you did with this cute idea! I can see some of your great stitching up the placket and across the pocket, too!!

Sharon said...

Awesome Lesa....I love the idea of wearing the cq..

Pat Winter said...

This is so pretty. You kept it simple yet embellished to make it a unique wearable art piece in such a tasteful way. Great job!

Susan said...

That is really pretty. The last picture gave me the idea of doing it on the bottom of a dress. Wouldn't that be pretty for a prom or formal dinner?

miss carole said...

Oooooo, Miss Lesa! What a wonderful thing! I'm seein' it with a strand of pearls and a groovy long DENIM skirt, ya think? Thanks for posting this for our edification and inspiration. Oh, wow!!

miss carole in Omaha...

Jol@nda said...

Verry Nice Lesa!
I like it verry mutch!