Friday, June 13, 2008

Stormy Weather


We've been having huge electrical storms across my area for the last 3 weeks or so. Last night was a scary one with my trees getting struck by lightning not once, not twice, but three times! The fireballs were something to see. Madeline went and hid under the bed.

One good thing with all the rain is that the trees are just beautiful. This is my catalpa tree. It has the most beautiful blooms on it. It's a late bloomer and I hurried and took some pics last night before the wind and rain came in to blow all the flowers away. Luckily this was not one of the trees that got struck. It sits right outside the back of the house, is very, very old and very, very tall. It creaks and moans during wind storms -- almost sounds like a person out there moaning.
And of course my little nosey buddy couldn't resist seeing what I was doing outside -- she is hanging on the edge of the window of the back door.

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Whew! That sounds like a humdinger of a storm. I think I'd be right under the bed with Maddie.
Glad you're OK but sorry about your trees!

Gerry said...

Wow, that's amazing to have the same tree hit 3 times. Let's hope the worst is over!

PegSue said...

What a lovely tree! I remember such a one from my childhood. Loved the blossoms and all the things we made from the beans--but hated those worms !!
Thanks for your comment on my eagle block. Eagerly waiting to see the finished product. Peggy