Thursday, June 05, 2008

Apron

When I visited my friend Judyth on Memorial Day weekend, she gave me this apron she had purchased. The embroidery on it is so pretty. Judyth finds lots of great things in the thrift stores in her area. She's a lot like me, when I see a needlework project or quilt blocks in an antique/thrift store, I feel sorry for it just sitting there so I buy it and bring it home with me. It's sad to think that there was no one in the family that wanted these things. I worry my own things will end up there someday.


I forgot to show you my Birds of a Feather block for May. It's all done but now that I've been looking at it, I don't like the little circles. These are smaller circles then the other blocks and I'm thinking I'm going to use the same size for all the blocks. Obviously this is a smaller block then the others, but I'll just use fewer circles. I have the next block all prepped and ready to go.

3 comments:

Gina E. said...

Ooooh I LOVE that apron! So different from anything in my collection! Thank you for your comment on my blog regarding my proposed changes. You've given me something to think about, because I didn't see it from your point of view, about having more links to click on to read extra blogs!

Judy S. said...

Love the apron, Lesa, and the new bird block. I think the circles are fine...great applique work!

appleseed said...

That apron is gorgeous!!!
I would have brought that beauty home with me, too!
The saddest thing I have ever seen in an antique store was a charm bracelet with three generation's worth of silhouette heads with initials and birthdates engraved on each one, and it was being sold on consignment be a family member that didn't want it...
Just broke my heart!