Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm Back!

Hello everyone. I'm back from my trip to visit Crazy Judyth. It was a fast trip, but so much fun. She taught me how to do bullion stitches (probably spelled that wrong, but you know what I mean). Here's a pic of my practice ones after I got home. Took me a couple of tries to remember how to start so don't look at those (LOL). Not too bad for a lefty. We went shopping at all of Judyth's favorite spots and found some great stuff. Of course, she has more stuff then any of the stores and once again, I had fun just looking at her things, helping her organize a little and just talking the time away.

When I got home, this beautiful thing was waiting for me. In real life, it's more orange then it shows here. This was the first time this bloomed. I got to enjoy it exactly one day before storms moved in and beat it to the ground.

While I had some time off from work, I played with my fabric dyes. Here's a sample of my first efforts. Like a silly, I didn't get any yellow -- don't know what I was thinking! I only had red, green and blue. So I'm a little limited on the colors right now. But I have lots of old lace and fabric to practice on.


Madeline stayed with "grandma" while I was gone and was not a happy camper. She hissed at my mother, would not go to bed, hid behind furniture and curtains. It's not like she doesn't know my mother, since we visit almost every weekend. I guess she thought she had been abandoned and just wanted to be left alone. Silly girl. Now that she's back home she's very well behaved, very lovey-dovey -- gee, maybe I should have left her a long time ago (LOL).
Here she is sitting quietly looking out the sewing room window while I work on things. Usually she's up on the sewing machine, or pulling pins out of the pincushion, or jumping on my back, or doing various other little Maddie things. I have more pics of other things I worked on, but this entry is long enough for now. Later!

2 comments:

Gerry said...

WELCOME BACK!!!! Visiting with Judyth must be a real HOOT! I can only imagine. LOL.

Hugs to Maddie :-)

gocrazywithme said...

Your bullion stitches look good to me. I've done lots of the little boogers and still will have one "mutate" on my needle once in awhile.