Friday, May 16, 2008

Hello?

Geez, I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted. I'm sorry if you've been stopping by and seeing the same old post on the page. I know I just hate that when my favorite blog has nothing new for me to read.

I don't know where all the time went to, but I've been busy planting a garden (sweet corn, bush beans, green peppers, tomatoes) and tons and tons of flowers and native grasses. This entailed a lot of digging, hauling, more digging, more hauling, but I think I'm finally finished with the heavy part.
I've also gotten some orders for more baby quilts. These are not my most favorite things to do, but hey, it's money and it pays for more dirt (LOL). Here are some very bad pictures -- taken quickly as these quilts were ready to be picked up in less then 5 minutes. The order this time was for boy quilts. I still have two more to do. The boot quilt has words embroidered on the borders, like Yee Haw, Rodeo, Cowpoke, etc. The race car quilt has words embroidered on the sashings like Vrooom, Race Car, Green Flag.

I will be on a little vacation next week. I'm going to see this person. We always have a great time. Plus, she has some fibers and things I need to get back to my Dark Tower project.
Madeline will be spending the night with "grandma" which should be interesting as she's never spent the night away from me or her house and my mom, although an animal lover, is more of a dog person and a little afraid of Madeline's wild ways. But I think she'll be good, don't you? I mean, look at that sweet little face.
I'll be back a lot sooner this time (I promise), and with time off I should be able to catch up on my other projects -- Maud and the Dark Tower.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Gosh, Maddie really can fly! Ginger's getting so heavy that she can barely make it up onto the window ledges, let alone high places.

Have a wonderful visit with your friend. It's hard to blog when the weather's nice and the garden calls....

Gerry said...

The quilts are great. Love the boots. It's nice to see that Maddie's content just haning out. LOL.