Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Favorite Song Round Robin Block

In my CQForNewbies group, we had a Round Robin of Your Favorite Song. I chose Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds just for all the great imagery and also because I had this piece of Laurel Birch fabric I wanted to use. Sadly, in the middle of this Round Robin, Ms. Birch passed away. It's a great loss to all of us.

First, here's the whole block:


Picture yourself in a boat on a river -- everyone smiles as you drift past the
flowers that grow so incredibly high
(worked by Lauri)
-- with tangerine trees and marmalade skies. . . . (Lori -- great seam treatment
for marmalade skies)

Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly, a girl with kaleidoscope eyes . . . .
Cellophane flowers of yellow and green towering over your head
(Lucy and flowers worked by Flora)
Follow her down to a bridge by a fountain, where rocking horse people
eat marshmallow pies. . . . (Jaki -- the marshmallow pie has to be my favorite!)
Picture yourself on a train in a station. . . . (tracks by Linda)


My thanks to Fora, Lori, Lauri, Judi, Jaki, Rebecca and Linda. There is lots of other seam work and motifs done (particularly a fountain) but many were done in metallic threads, bead work, etc. that I could not get a clear picture of.

In particular, look at the little rocking horse. Those are sequins sewn on with several stitches making a little star pattern and/or like little shisha mirrors. Love it!!

Again, thank you all -- this is a great block!

8 comments:

Jane said...

Lesa, This block came out GREAT!! Everyone did a great job interpreting the theme, you must ne thrilled to have it... hope all is good with you, I've been quiet (zzzz) over at Newbies but still an avid reader.. just waiting for the right swap to jump back in with... (Hugs) Jane

theysaywordscanbleed said...

wow, that's amazingly intricate!

Arlene,
Bainbridge Island florist

Lynn said...

WOW, this definiatly says Lucy in the Sky... I cant just chose one favorite thing, I love it all..

Anonymous said...

Lesa,
I am so glad you like your block :-) It was so fun to work on! Thank You for the pats :-)
Hugs,
Jaki

Lori said...

It came out really, really great Lesa! I am so glad I had the chance to work on it! I love everything about it, and everyone's work is so Great!
Love that song and on your blog, you did a great job posting the lyrics and the pictures!
Hugs,
Lori

Chelle said...

What a fun block!

Judy S. said...

Thanks for sharing the closeup shots of your block. It's great; I especially like the rocking horse and marshmallow pie. Fun!

Louisiana Momma said...

man your seam treatments are awesome.. always an inspiration.. I have to remember that train track one.. I have the perfect button to go with it!!