Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Maybe Spring?

Maybe Spring has come? For more then one day? I sure hope so. When I got home last night, this is what I saw. So pretty. I built this rock garden with my father, one pickup truck full of rocks at a time. We would see a construction site and zip in with his truck and load it up until it couldn't hold anymore and then go to my house and lug these big rocks off. I like a wild, natural look to my gardens so I do a little weed control, but not much of anything else. The rock garden is about 60-65 feet long and used to be just a bank, full of weeds and a little gravel as the previous owners never took care of the yard.

The mossy stuff just moved in itself. Now there are a ton of wild violets. This is the first year since I've lived here (5 years now) that the violets are so thick.

Over the weekend, I got Block 5 done in the Birds of a Feather quilt and I've prepped Block 6. As you can see, its more of that bias stem -- all the rest of the blocks are just loaded with it. It's not that difficult to sew, it's just the ironing of it that gets to me. Later in the week, I'll have pics of Come Into the Garden Maud -- Maud's garden is starting to take shape, just like my own garden.

4 comments:

Gerry said...

I love the rock path/area. The mossy stuff is very cool. It sounds like a huge garden area. Enjoy it!!!!

Judy S. said...

Lesa, That's going to be a very nice quilt when you're done with it.....a big undertaking though to do all those stems!

Where is the "reply" button found on blogger? I don't know whether mine is activated or not....not very techie, am I?

We got our Ginger from Cat City which is operated by PAWS. Someone had returned her after she was past the cute kitten stage...I guess some people do that. I agree with you that there are lots of cats waiting to be rescued!

Charlene said...

Coming along beautifully!! Love it.

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色