Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Seam Embellishment No. 9

Sorry everyone that I skipped last Tuesday and almost missed this week's seam embellishment. I think I told you all our firm had upgraded to Vista operating system. What a nightmare! A large portion of our software will not work with Vista. After the developers assured us it was all Vista compatible.

I'm having to re-invent the wheel and am waiting on a call from the "head" software developer himself because all his little software developer drones simply cannot figure out what is going on because this is supposed to work. I'm so glad they're going to take over this problem because my head is about to explode!

So let's move on to more fun things. I only have one small seam treatment for you this week. Seems I deleted a bunch of stuff off my camera thinking I had already saved it (don't you just hate when you do something stupid like that and have no one to blame but yourself????).

This seam embellishment is another of the curving ones that helps to fill up space and covers two patches on a block. It's an outline (or stem stitch) vine with little detached chains for leaves. Then more detached chain (or lazy daisy) stitch flowers are added to the sides of the vine. You could add a french knot for the center of the flower or a bead. I believe this seam was done by Jaki and it's on a round robin block that I recently worked on. This seam treatment would look so cute on a spring block also.That's it for now -- back to fight with my software.

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Lesa, for another interesting embellishment idea!

Malla said...

Here it is in person: a good curved line to help in filling the blocks. This particular seam treatment looks as sweet & delicate as spring itself.

Susan said...

Lesa, this is a very nice embellishment. I love using the wavy templates from Carole. It's amazing how much different each depth makes the same seam, but it's also fun to find new ways to do them. I like this one!

Lori said...

It may have been Jaki, but it looks like mine that I started on the Rock and Roll Heaven block!

GraceBeading said...

I hope you're winning your fight with the software! It's such a pain.

Your stitching is beautiful, I love the little flowers.