Friday, February 01, 2008

It's OVER!


The dreaded month of January has come and gone -- yahoo!! In a normal year here, we have 9 to 10 "snow events" as the weathermen call them. This year we have had 21. Is it any wonder tempers are so short and gas bills so high? (LOL) I am so glad January is over, I can't tell you.

I snapped this of Maddie the other day. The box was sitting on top of the dryer and she worked and worked getting the lid off and then knocking it down on the floor. This is a good photo of her little "pom pom" tail.

I had brought this box home to hold my hankie collection, which has grown quite a bit and was spilling out all over the sewing room. Do any of you have any really neat ideas on what to do with hankies? I made one of the Hankie Pankie type quilts and would like to find something else to do with all of these. They're so pretty and delicate, some very small prints, others big prints. Let me know if you have any good links, etc.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh for cute...LOL..pets are wonderful..I hve a large collections of hankies also..and am wondering what to do with them, I saw some one make some beautiful curtins with hankies. I think you would just hang them from the corners on the rod..

Susan said...

Love that cat pic! What a smart cat, too. Glad you made it through January! It's got to start getting warmer soon!

Charlene said...

You don't have to worry about fixing up Maddie a bed, do you? She'll make her own, Thank you very much! Such a sweetheart!

Judy S. said...

What is it with cats and boxes? Our kitty loves them, too. Maddie is a cutie!

Do you have a photo of your hanky quilt? One of the prettiest quilts I've ever seen was made from hankies...how're your birds coming?
That's going to be a fabulous quilt when it's done!

BTW, thanks for your weekly embellishment idea!

Malla said...

I don't like winter either and January is the worst month. Now we are ALREADY in February, so spring is pretty close. At least I want to think so!

Your cat is cute! My dog weighs appr 30 kilos, so I'm glad he don't climb high on top of things...zorecq

Chelle said...

Maddie is such a cutie!

My mom displays some of her hankies in small gift bags. She tucks the center of the hankie into the bottom of the bag and the edges fan out of the top of the bag. Make sense? You need bags that are the right size and don't "compete" with the style/color of your hankie. I think Mom found hers at a dollar store.