Friday, February 15, 2008

ATC - Artist Trading Card Swap


Here are my little ATC's for our latest swap on CQForNewbies. This swap is hosted by Mary, down south where it's much warmer then it is here (LOL). I use my scraps for these. The size is 2.5 x 3.5 inches -- the size of a playing card or baseball trading card. I used a piece of pellon interfacing for the back and then sewed on binding strips (just like a real quilt) and bound them off that way. A couple of them have girly, glitzy threads on the bindings. Two of them have a spider web stitched with Sulky Holographic thread. I don't know if you'll be able to see it if you click on the photos and enlarge or if its just one of those things you have to see in person. There are 6 done and I have almost a month left so I may do some more this weekend. These little cards are fun and a great way to use up your little pieces of trim that are too small for a regular CQ block.
Have a good weekend everyone. We're supposed to get ice/sleet/freezing rain or any combination late Saturday. And I won't even talk about the cold temps. Let's just say Maddie and I are snuggling real close.

4 comments:

Malla said...

Very nice! You have put so much effort to create tidy edges!

Mary said...

Beautiful ATC's. Your work always inspires me. Make some more, more, more....lol.

Lynn said...

I love your ATC's this has been a wonderul swap, cant wait to see the ones I get...so many different styles.

Gerry said...

My goodness, aren't you the busy bee? The ATC's are great!