Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tagged and Pictures



My friend Wilma gave me the You Make My Day Award. Thanks Wilma. Wilma makes such pretty quilts, both sane and crazy quilt. Go take a look at her WIP or UFO that she found and encourage her to finish it up (like I did). I'm supposed to give the award to 10 other people -- hmm. Don't know if I'll make 10, but here are a couple of my favorite blogs.


My fellow List Owner - JK

I like this blog - KC Quilter

And another favorite is: Annie's -- she has lots of neat pictures and all kinds of projects going on.

That's enough to get you all started blog-hopping. I have SO many blogs to read -- I just keep adding more and more to my list. So many blogs, so many cool projects and pictures, so little time (LOL).

Speaking of time (ha!), here's my latest on my slow cloth work, The Dark Tower. I've added a second layer of some type of gauzy, glitzy fabric (I'm sorry, but I can't remember if its chiffon or organza as I was looking at both of them) to the sunset. There will be still more layers and then stitching on top of everything.

Last weekend I went antiquing with my friend and found several cheap pearl necklaces to deconstruct. I just love the color the pearls on old pearl necklaces get -- not that stark white but a nice mellow color. Here's my little helper. First it was sitting on the table helping me embroider. Now she's going to help me deconstruct the necklace.

And since Blogger is being so nice and letting me do pics, let's just do 'em all (LOL). A few weeks ago, Crazy Judyth and I were talking about Laurel Birch fabric. Judyth and I are both chicken lovers and we were lamenting that Laurel never did chickens. So I decided to have a try at it. Here's my attempt at doing a chicken a la Laurel Birch. The chicken has gone to live on the farm with Crazy Judyth.

10 comments:

lynn in mn said...

The chicken is so cute...I love it...Love the dark tower block. My cat Mr Bill also helps me with projects...ya gotta love them..

Gerry said...

What a great looking chicken. This would look so good on a table runner. Nice job!

Judy S. said...

Love that chicken's attitude! Ginger "helps" me, too; I have to watch or she eats my thread. Your use of layered fabrics is interesting....kinda really captures the feel of a sunset.

Malla said...

So joyful chicken, with good humor and not too skinny LOL. She would be great in some Easter home decoration, pillow maybe.

JK said...

Hey hon! WOW! I love that chicken, and I'm not a chickee person, but that is too darn cute!

The Dark Tower reminds me of Return of the King.. Looking forward to seeing more progress..

Damn hon, you have me plasterd all over your blog! But I am honored that my stitches are up to snuff and hopefully help out others...

Love that Mads! Would you like a Lop???? No? Didn't think so..

Susan said...

I love the sparkley look you've added to the Dark Tower sunset. It looks great!

Your "Laurel Burch" chicken is great - maybe you should contact the fabric manufacturer and start a new career. =)

Ira said...

Great chicken. If I will see few more pictures like this I will came be chicken lovers to.

Charlene said...

Cute whimsy chicken - love the colors. Your 'tower' is getting such depth... Hey, you really ARE an artist, aren't you?

Chelle said...

Love that chicken! I'm looking forward to more on your Dark Tower.

Gina E. said...

The Dark Tower reminds me of one of the Tarot cards, which is named "The Tower" and means adversity, calamity, distress and ruin! Will you include something like a star or moon to 'lift' this CQ?