Thursday, January 17, 2008

Birds of a Feather



Here's a couple of pics to share with you of my Birds of a Feather quilt I'm doing for me, me, me. The whole completed Block 1 -- and it's a BIG block -- is the second picture. Along with Block 2, which is the top picture. This only makes sense to Blogger (LOL). All of this is hand applique. I took a look at Block 3 and laughed! Miles and miles of the bias stems. I'm a little tired of bias stems, so I'm skipping ahead to a block that doesn't have any.
Glad to hear you're all enjoying the Seam Embellishments. I have received so many beautiful blocks from people and it's fun to let them all be in the spotlight for a while.
Extremely cold here for the next several days -- single digit temps and we won't even discuss the wind chill. Brrrr. Hope it's warm where you are, and if it is, think of me.

8 comments:

Malla said...

Your birds blocks look great - and so neat & tidy! So much patience needed, I admire you....

JK said...

This is beautiful! Something for you? What does that feel like? I think the last thing I did for me was was a checkbook cover which is in dire need of replacing.

I really need to get back into my applique work, and you have made me jealous with this beautiful piece of art

Susan said...

The blocks are beautiful. I don't blame you for skipping 3 for a while. When all the blocks are finished, though, it will be an amazing quilt

Christy said...

So pretty! I love the birdies!!!!

I wish I had time to make things for myself, oh wait, I wish I had time to make things period! LOL!

Anyway, you did an beautiful job on this!

Hugs!

Charlene said...

Wow-this is so beautiful. It looks SO time intensive-how many hours did the complete block one take? I'm glad it's for YOU. You deserve it!

Louisiana Momma said...

what a wonderful idea to do something for yourself - lucky you!! I love the block and can't wait to see it finshed.

sewcrazy said...

Maddie, I am doing that quilt too and I love it. My problem is getting the birds beaks nice and sharp.....do you have any tips, I am doing needle turn applique,and on my last bird block.
BTW.... I love your blog thanks for sharing all the info. Margaret

Judy S. said...

Lesa,

Your quilt is going to be fabulous!The applique work is outstanding...you mentioned bias stems, but what about the zillions of little circles? Great job!