Monday, December 03, 2007

Last Show - Long Weekend

Due to the nasty weather here last weekend, I did not get to attend my last craft show. The morning started out with freezing rain/sleet and cold, cold, cold. Since mom just had her hip replacement in May, we decided it was not worth the risk and we ended our season very abruptly! And I won't even talk about how the wind was blowing -- it would have been very hard to even stand upright.

But that's good news for you guys. If you're looking for any last minute little handmade Christmas gifts, I've got several things on ebay and in the etsy shop. The link for the shop is on the right. Feel free to take a look. As far as the ebay auctions, they are all completed cross stitch items and you can see them here, and here, and here and here. I might add more later in the week -- I think I still have plenty of time to mail. I hope so because I haven't mailed any of my own Christmas presents out (LOL)

So I had a nice long weekend on my hands. What to do, what to do. Work on things for me for a change!! What a concept!! Did the little bunnies at the beginning here give you a clue? I got out my chocolate bunnies that you have watched me work on all year and look at this:A completed top. I still have the borders to do. I didn't realize that one of the borders is an applique scallop border -- eye yi yi!! But at least I have a top -- that's an accomplishment! And I did more, but I'll save that for another post. Hopefully, now that my craft season is over, I'll be here more often. Can believe the last time I posted was before Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Ati. Norway. said...

Oh, your bunnies quilttop looks very cute! maybe you have finished for Easter ;-)

Susan said...

The bunnies top looks great. This is the first one I've seen completed, of all the people who bought the patterns or the blocks! Too bad about the craft show, but you turned it into a good thing. Hope the sun is shining now!

Thelma said...

What a beautiful quilt top ! I know your proud,,I would be.

Judy S. said...

What a beautiful quilt top and wonderful applique work! All that stitching takes a lot of time and patience, but the end result is surely worth it!

We've had good stitching weather here in the Northwest, too, and lots more rain than usual.....and more storms on the way, I guess.

Happy Stitching,
Judy S,

Lin Moon said...

I just love the bunnies! That quilt top is so sweet! Congrats!
~Lin Moon