Monday, December 31, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here it is, the last day of 2007. I didn't get to wish you all a Merry Christmas, as there was yet another crises at work and the time just got away from me.

Madeline got a ton of toys for Christmas -- catnip being her favorite one. I think she's a little over-indulged (g).

It may be an old wife's tale, but I've always heard that the first thing you do in the new year is what you will do the most of throughout the year. So please make sure the first thing you do on New Year's Day is something fun, something that pleases you, something that you would like to do more of in the coming year. For me that will be playing with my fabrics and Madeline.
I've been working on the Dark Tower and hope to have photos to show you after the holiday. Since reading Sharon B's "slow cloth" essay, I've given myself permission to move along on this slowly and to totally enjoy the journey. For the few of you who don't know who Sharon B is or what "slow cloth" is all about, you can find her great blog here



If you go out and party tonight, please be careful! If you look this demented and trashed (look at her face!), please stay safe at home (LOL).

6 comments:

sharonb said...

Great to see you give yourself permission to produce a slow cloth as I think this is one of the points I wanted to make about recognising the process that is involved in textile practice. I too often feel guilty about not finishing things quickly so it's nice to find a like minded soul

Susan said...

Yep, I think Madeline has had her limit on that catnip! LOL! She's an adorable cat, though.

I look forward to seeing your next post of the Dark Tower piece.

Charlene said...

Yep, Maddie's flying all right! There are a couple of sales in the morning - one at Hancock's and another at the Stitch & Frame needlework shop that I'm going to try to get to. Better get to bed soon!

Happy New Year to you!
http://needleinhand.blogspot.com/

Judy S. said...

Your Maddie and our Ginger would have a blast together, into all sorts of mischief, I'm sure. She loves my yarn bags.

Happy New Year!

Sharon said...

How great of you to come for a vist today and say so. Your comment made me go over the moon because you thought you recognized my art in CPS. I took me a minute but then it dawned on me that maybe just maybe I do have a recognizeable style to my art. I'm sorry to go on here but that is huge to me. Thank you so much. Now I'm going to go check your quilting, one of my interest as well.

JK said...

Hey Girlfriend...I am finally trying to get some time in visiting blogs.

Love the Mads....what can I say... I was thinking about getting Sydney a year's worth of "No-Doze" but well...don't think the vet would go for that...

As always...beautiful work darlin...and hope the craft show last year was better then the year before.