Thursday, December 20, 2007

Done!


Here's the Dark Tower block -- background all stitched down. The Tower pieces are just laying on there, not sewn down yet but this is the position. The color isn't that great in this pic, there's more gradiation in the sunset pieces. Still not like the picture I had in my head, but I will add to it with thread, fabric paint and hopefully will pull it all together.
Note to self: if you are using black fabric, keep the white cat out of the room (LOL). Maddie likes to help with the projects -- help like jumping on the table sliding everything around, laying on anything black, and her best help, pulling the pins out of the pincushion (with her mouth) and dropping them on the floor. Must be a real fun game because she plays it all the time.

This will probably be my last post until the New Year. With all my nieces and nephews and various family events, my Christmas madness will start on Sunday, again on Monday night (Christmas Eve) and then two places on Tuesday (Christmas Day) -- all in all, a HUGE holiday blow out! I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. May 2008 be more peaceful, less stressful and more prosperous for all of us!

4 comments:

Marcia said...

The colors look good to me! How funny about kitty and the pins. Aren't they ever the rascals! Merry Christmas and enjoy all those festivities!

Susan said...

Really interesting background, and I look forward to seeing the embellishing things you do to it. It's really hard to get things to come out the way they are in our heads, isn't it?

Charlene said...

...and so, the journey begins... Looking good! Enjoy your family during the holidays!

Lynn said...

Lesa, I love this block, Stephen King and the Dark towers is one of my favorite series...What a great idea...