Friday, November 02, 2007

Dark Tower

I finally chose a background for the Tower. I see Roland approaching it at sunset, so I used this hand dyed fabric. The blue is not quite as psychedelic as it shows in the picture. And besides, I'm going to be doing some painting over the background so that will tone it down some also. The Tower is not sewn on yet, just tacked down. The hardest thing is making sure the tower is straight -- after all, it's the Dark Tower, not the Leaning Tower. And after a while, those spirals kind of get to you (LOL)

I have a big show this weekend with a very early start. The show opens at 8 A.M. - yep, that's 8 a.m. in the morning on a Saturday (LOL). Which means I have to be out the door at 5:30 a.m. to get there and get set up. Good thing I'm getting an extra hour this Saturday, I'll sure need it. I know most people hate the end of daylight savings time, but I LOVE IT and anxiously wait each year to get my hour back. Yeah, it's darker earlier, but if they hadn't of screwed with the time it would have been getting darker gradually and you wouldn't notice it as much as you do when they put the time back where it belongs. Okay, enough of that.

I leave you with Miss Maddie. I think she wants to go for a ride but can't find anyone to pull her in her little wagon. Maybe I should talk to the St. Bernard that lives across the street? Wouldn't they look cute with him pulling her in her wagon?
Don't forget the give away from the previous post. If you're interested, leave a comment on that one or this one -- I don't care which. I'll gather all comments made over the weekend and draw three names on Monday. See you then!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the use of your sunset fabric, it makes a good contrast to the dark tower! Good luck this week end!

Joan

WIPPYSPLACE said...

I dont have a clue whose room it is! I was gonna say Robin or Pat---hehehehe---doesnt matter--I want that sewing machine ;o) so----does this get me in the drawing? *~*CAROLE*~*--ps I can come and pull Maddie around for you--just tell me where you are! hehehehe CQ4N

Susan said...

Oh, the Dark Tower work is moving along now. I like the sky fabric, and the tower is as straight as it needs to be.

Hope the show goes well for you. I know it's exhausting, but it's fun, too.

I'd love to be entered in your drawing. I'll still be back, even if I don't win, though. =)

gocrazywithme said...

Hi Lesa, Lauri and I are doing a show together tomorrow starting at 8 am also. We do get to set up today, so we won't have to be there too terribly early tomorrow.

I want to win some fabric...... and I am almost as fluffy-butted as Maddie...okay, so mine's not fluff, it's fat....Maddie's definitely the winner in the cute department.
Janet in Colorado

Jane said...

I better get in on this too! LOL...Your room looks great and I'm sure it feels good too now that its back in shape. Meows to Maddie!