Friday, October 05, 2007

Your Favorite Song

On my group, CQForNewbies, we're doing a round robin of Your Favorite Song. You pick your favorite song and piece a block. Then everyone in the round robin works on your block, adding elements that fit the song. The first block I worked on was Linda's and her song is Blessed by Martina McBride. Linda used her own photographs (edited in Photoshop, I believe) to personalize her block. She even printed the lyrics to the song on fabric for her block. I added the big sun using hand-dyed threads in chain stitch and outline stitch. Then beads, lots of beads.
And since I *finally* figured out the setting on my camera for close ups -- here you go:

2 comments:

Gerry said...

That's a great song. Wonderful work on the sun.

BTW, how's little Maddie? Better, I hope.

Charlene said...

Neat sunshine, and so fitting!