Friday, September 28, 2007

What Is It?????

It's a LOBSTROSITY! Made for me by my buddy Charlene. Charlene does wonderful tatting and also crochet. Charlene and I are reading the Dark Tower series of books by Stephen King and my plan is to make a quilt from this series of books. So Charlene blessed me with a Lobstrosity and I absolutely LOVE him! He's quite large -- maybe 8 inches of so and will "make" the quilt. After all, who else will ever have a Lobstrosity like this one? (LOL). Thank you SO much Charlene!
And on an added note, did you happen to catch sight of the moon the other night? A real "Reap Moon" hey?

7 comments:

Charlene said...

You are most welcome, and I'm anxious to see that great quilt you will create. He is tatted, since I don't crochet - yet!

YES, I did see that moon. Wasn't it fantastic? According to the Old Farmer's Almanac that I get in email, "This (Full Harvest Moon) is always the name of the full Moon that falls closest to the date of the autumnal equinox. In years when the Harvest Moon falls in September, the October full Moon is known as the Hunter's Moon, the Travel Moon, or the Dying Grass Moon." http://www.almanac.com This one could have been the Dead Grass Moon in my area - with the drought!

Gerry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gerry said...

Love, love , love the Lobster! Great work Charlene.

And the moon was wonderful. I couldn't get over how HUGE it was as it started to rise. It also seemed way too bright. It was really quite eerie.

*sorry about the delete. Some days my fingers and brain don't work well together :-)

Louisiana Momma said...

cool lobster - she did an amazing job.. can't wait to see how you use it :-)

Susan said...

What a great lobstery thing! Charlene does do wonderful things, doesn't she? Now I want to see the blocks for the books! I only got half-way through book 1, but I know Charlene is loving them, and my son loved them.

Chelle said...

What an awesome lobster! Kudos to Charlene, and lucky you!

PaMdora said...

I love crazy words like this -- what a great inspiration!

I'm scorpio, so maybe I could do a scorpoisity. oh it doesn't work as well!