Friday, September 21, 2007

First Show


Our first show was last weekend. It was an outdoor show where you put up your
own tent. It was a rather chilly morning (around 40 degrees, brrrr) and very dark and gloomy. Good thing we had lots of bright colored things huh? It did spit rain for about an hour or so.
There were a few shoppers braving the cool temps and drizzly rain and mom and I were making change and wrapping up purchases with our gloves on (LOL). Then around 11:00, the sun came out and things started warming up a little. Then a LOT more shoppers started arriving.
This was my mom's first show since her hip replacement (she fell and broke her hip in May of this year). She did very good with her cane -- able to get around on the uneven outdoor surface.
We did very well at the show. Everyone has been talking about how bad the economy is and whether the craft shows would do very good this year. At this show (at least), we had nothing to complain about.
Due to mom's surgery this year, we have limited the number of shows we're doing. Last year, we did 13 shows (WAY too many for me -- who also has to work full time). This year, we're only doing 5 shows. I just hope the other 4 are as good as this show was.

7 comments:

Gerry said...

Congrats on doing will at your show. I love the pillows!

I'm also glad to hear the your DM is doing better.

Louisiana Momma said...

the booth looks great.. it's cool to get to see how you set your booth up - for those of us green to the craft show circuit :-)

Charlene said...

Glad you got off to a good start, and hope the others will be good, too. Your space looks friendly and welcoming!

Susan said...

Glad the show went well. Hope the others are at least as good. Glad your mom was able to help and do well. Your pics of your booth look great!

Chelle said...

Congrats on doing well at your first show this year! You have some VERY cute things!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lesa. I'm so glad your show went well. Especially after the rainy start! I'm glad someone is still on the craft show circuit....
Hopefully, the business will p/u again someday soon.

Anonymous said...

I guess I should've signed my name....lol... Brenda M.