Friday, August 31, 2007

More Pics

I don't just do pillows and embroidery things, I also dabble in mixed media, altered art and anything else that strikes my fancy at the moment. Here's some fairy houses that are also making their way to the craft shows. These are lots of fun to do using the old photographs, lots of odds and ends (which justifies me going to antique stores, thrift stores and collecting lots of "stuff" -- you know, you can never have too much stuff).

The temps in our area have finally gone down. We spent almost 30 consecutive days at close to 100 degrees, with heat indexes of over 110. The hottest August here since the 1930's. However, I wouldn't know about that as I wasn't around in the 30's (and neither was my mother, so we'll just have to take the weatherman's word for it).
The lower temps have made Maddie a little frisky. This is the door into my craft room. Yes, she is on top of the door frame. Please notice the heavy duty screen wire on the door -- to keep little kitty paws out of my stuff!
The formatting in this entry certainly sucks doesn't it? (LOL) I've tried editing this three times now and I think I'm giving up.
Hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day holiday. I know I'm sure looking forward to it!

3 comments:

Mary said...

She looks like she is getting ready to pounce on an unsuspecting mama.

Gerry said...

Well, what do ya know? Altered art, huh? You've done a great job. You would probably get a kick out of these chairs, too over at http://novasblossoms.blogspot.com/

Maddie sure is h**l on paws, isn't she? LOL.

Charlene said...

Oh - you're an altered artist, are you? Everything is so neat and not the typical 'craft show' thing. Your altered talent comes through loud and clear - and I love it!

Happy Labor Day to you, too. Enjoy the time away from work!