Thursday, August 30, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy


Here we go -- as promised -- pictures of all the "stuff" I've been busy, busy, busy with. These are all for my upcoming craft shows. I only do Fall and Winter so my shows start in September and run through December.

Pillows, pillows and even more pillows. These are just a sampling. I can stuff pillows in my sleep (LOL). And if you've got a lot of buttons, what could be more fun then spelling out words with them? If you need a helping hand in collecting buttons, check my Etsy shop after Labor Day. To help out a dear friend, I'll be selling little bags of buttons -- I think they'll be mostly white buttons, but as you can see, the white buttons are perfect for words.

Not to change the subject -- but all last week while hearing about the almost hourly recall of products from China, I got to thinking how scary it is to buy something for your children and then hear about a recall from lead paint -- or remember the pet food? A lot of animals died over that recall. If you want to buy American made goods, one of the best places to go is your local craft shows. You can support someone in your community, get a well made toy and/or gift items and buy American all at the same time. Yeah, you may pay a dollar or two more then you do at Walmart or one of the other cheap import shops, but you won't have to be worrying about whether the item will be recalled. Just make sure the crafter you're buying from actually makes their stuff and is not someone who is just importing more cheap junk from China or other countries.

I don't say this just because I sell at craft shows, I say this because we need to buy more American goods. And that's not an easy thing to do. Next time you go clothes or shoe shopping, look at the tags. Everything is made somewhere else. I think tools are a little easier -- I know there are still a couple of American companies making tools. If you're interested, Google "Made in USA" and you'll get several websites with American made goods. We need to start supporting our own country -- it's the only one we have.

3 comments:

Gerry said...

Goodness! You have been busy. I wish you the best of luck at your shows this year.

Mary said...

Love the pillows! Good luck with your shows. Go Made in the USA!!

NormaH said...

What a great decorator pillow idea!
MADE IN THE USA!!!!! The only way to go!