Monday, July 09, 2007

I'll Show You Mine. . . .

There's been some pictures posted lately of sewing rooms. Gerry's (http://sewing-southpaw.blogspot.com/) is here. I'd like to challenge Charlene (http://whenthisyouseerememberme.blogspot.com/) to show us her room and anyone else that'd like to show us where you do your best work, join on in. 'Chelle (http://themerrychelle.blogspot.com/) I'm still waiting to see what stash you picked up from your recent needlework show.


Here's my threads I organized. Now, this is not ALL my threads, only the specialty ones -- like silk, perle cotton (hand dyed), my Sampler hand-dyed embroidery floss, and other hand-dyed floss. This is six BIG rings with lots of baggies on them. This thread rack is the extra one for my regular sewing threads. There are two other racks like these packed full. Then there's my DMC embroidery floss -- about 6 of the match box car organizers full. Yep, I think I'm covered in the thread department (g). So why did I go and join that thread club for Weeks Dye Works?

Now here's something really shameful. My fabric closet. This is supposed to be the linen closet so I thought it only fitting that fabric should be kept in it (you know, linen -- fabric -- same thing right? Well, close enough). The shelves in here are about 4 feet deep. The fabric is packed in in double rows. This is a lot of fabric. And as you can see, it's falling out of the bottom shelf. The top shelf is my precious bits and pieces that I can't bring myself to cut (Hoffman's and the like). The middle shelf is holiday, mostly Halloween and Christmas. The bottom shelf is everything else. Here's a close up of the bottom shelf --

-- where you can see how it's all stuffed in there in double rows. I guess I should be thankful that the shelf is still in position.

And last but not least, here's my bead stash. My bead stash sits on top of a huge pile of Sterlite containers that hold my fat quarters. The case on the left, underneath the pile of fat quarters (after all, they won't fit in the drawers OR in the closet!), is my most recent purchase. There are 5 or 6 plastic bins that slide out and each bin has 36 divided compartments that are full of more beads! No, I didn't need more beads, but when I went to JoAnn's they were clearing these out and I could not resist the price. And after all, what's a few beads more or less?
So that's my room, my stash, my treasures. And what does your room look like?

7 comments:

Charlene said...

What a lovely stash area you have, my dear! It looks like we would never need to buy another trinket, but that's just not how it works, is it?

Will it be fair for me to point you to my Home:Inside label on the right column of my blog?

Susan said...

Great storage ideas! Love all your beads - of course you couldn't pass up a sale like that!

Ati. Norway. said...

Oh oms, Lesa, it seems to me that you can become 100 years old and until that you don't need to buy anything;) LOL
Why is this hobby so greedy to have to much stuff?????

Gerry said...

Good job, Lesa! But since it came up on list....why don't we see any counters? LOL. Have fun.

Candi Harris said...

Wow girlie, nice set up! I'm green about your linen closet.:-) I posted mine a couple of weeks ago and then challanged Gerry. tee hee
HUGZ:)
Candi

WIPPYSPLACE said...

well---hehhehehe I dont have a cq stash that can compare but I sure would like to get lost in your room! :o))) or your linen closet! *~*CAROLE*~*

norththreads said...

Great craft room & thanks for popping by! What is ice trucker show?? LOL, hes not or I would know I think, but sounds interesting!!
~cheers~
Ang