Friday, June 15, 2007

Walk Like An Egyptian

As some of you may know, I am one of the List Owners of CQForNewbies, a Yahoo group. Our latest swap is hosted by my partner in crime, JK (http://jkcrazyquilting.blogspot.com/), who has a beautiful, beautiful blog.

Oh, the swap -- it's an Egyptian theme. Here's my first block. Not my favorite one and I may add more to it later, but for now it's up here for me to look at. I find it much easier to critique myself when the picture is on the blog then just staring at it on a table.
I did the palm tree on the right (my own drawing -- so be kind (g)), and the motif on the gold patch near the top center is a lotus leaf (again, be kind). The big piece of Egyptian temple fabric in the center of the block has lots of beads (may be hard to see in the photo) and several different seam treatments. Now on to blocks 2, 3 and 4.

4 comments:

Susan said...

It looks great, Lesa! You have nothing to apologize for in design work.

Charlene said...

Pretty block - and your originals are great!

JK said...

Woman, what are you talking about? Your designs are great! I love the colors in this.

Do you have a hot fix crystal gun (I thought I saw something on the block). If so, there goes one of my Christmas present ideas...

JK said...

Whoops forgot! Not a difficult feat for me anyway... Thanks doll for visiting my blog, and your comments. Next time Godzilla visits the "empty" pond, I will grab a snap shot. Course I will be the one getting him out of there, I don't think I can hope for another "brave" episode from hubs.