Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Purple and Cream

As I was blog-hopping last week, I found people making the cutest little doll quilts. The whipup.net site has an article on it, including photos of a wall of these cute little quilts. Since I love to hand quilt, but hate having big projects just laying around, I decided to jump on the doll quilt wagon.

I found a pack of purple and cream fat quarters at an antique store and they seemed to be perfect for a little quilt. Sliced, diced, sewed and in no time I had a little top all ready to hand quilt (my favorite part of the quilting process). That was so much fun that I've already got another one in progress.

I've put this one in my Etsy shop (the link is on the side bar). Browse on over and have a look. And while you're there, check out some other shops. Etsy is a great place to see some really cool things without the hype and frenzy of Ebay and having to watch the clock and the sniping bid tool, etc. Just nice quiet shopping and lots of pretty eye candy.

3 comments:

Charlene said...

How nice! What size are they? I'll run over to etsy to find that info, won't I? Did you make one for Maddie?

Chelle said...

Great little quilt!

Susan said...

Cute little doll quilt! You weren't tempted to join the swap, I see. =)