Tuesday, June 19, 2007

More Egyptian Blocks


Remember the last post where I showed my first block and I said I wasn't too sure about it? After looking at it for a while, I decided to add some more to it. I didn't like the blank space above the lotus leaf. When you're in doubt if your block is finished, just add beads! I went a little crazy adding beads, but I like it a little better now.

I was on such a roll (ha!) that I worked on Block 2. This is the first time I've done all my blocks in similar fabrics and colors. Usually, every block I do is completely different from the others. But the Egyptian fabric is one I've had for a long, long time -- one of those fabrics that have never been cut -- and I decided it was time for it to come out of the closet and see the light of day.


The "eye" is stamped with Fabrico fabric ink. Once again, the lotus is on there. In the patch that has the stair steps, very, very faintly you can see a few heiroglyphics (hoped that's spelled right). And of course, lots of beads.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Neat theme! I think your palm tree looks great - much better than I could do. LOL

Charlene said...

Very nice! Beads are just mini lifesavers, aren't they?

Susan said...

I love your embellishments and your beads!

Gerry said...

These are such great colors. Your 'eyes' are very cool. Be sure to keep posting!