Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Spring Fling - Part 2

Here's my latest block for our Spring Fling swap at CQForNewbies. These little blocks were so much fun to do. I got the strawberry print fabric from Crazy Judyth who sells recycled fancy fabrics for CQ. I embroidered the strawberries and the hoe and the vine meandering all around is in silk ribbon. The big strawberry is beaded with clear glass beads for a sparkly look.
I am one of the List Owners for CQForNewbies, a Yahoo group. If any of you would care to join us, just go on over to Yahoo and sign up. We're a very talkative bunch there (be warned!), but we do have a lot of fun and lots of swaps and encouragement.

This second block, with the ants and bugs, is for a special friend. Since she doesn't read my blog, I know I'm safe posting it here. But if you have figured out who this is for, don't tell her, as it's meant to be a surprise. I think she will really like it.
My mother's hip replacement surgery went well and she's now home and going to outpatient therapy. She gets her staples removed tomorrow and hopes that gives her more mobility. The swelling is still there and just doesn't seem to want to go away. The therapist tells her that's par for the course.

5 comments:

Thelma said...

Very pretty blocks Lesa,
Love the little ants. (g)

Charlene said...

These are sweet blocks, Lesa. Love your embroidery -- bugs, bugs. Um hu! Hope your mom does well at the doctor tomorrow!

Gerry said...

Too cute. I love the catapiller (?sp) and the ants!

JK said...

Les, these are too dang cute! I love those bugs! Where did you get the pattern for that little caterpillar? Beautiful work darlin!

Chelle said...

I'm glad your Mom's surgery went well. Here is wishing her a speedy recovery!