Friday, May 25, 2007

Quilt Show

At the beginning of this month, I attended a quilt show in my area. I got to see lots of gorgeous quilts, including a showing of the Women of Biblical Proportions. It is a smallish show, but the quilts were outstanding.

Of course, you can't go to the quilt show without checking out the vendors. One great vendor (Bead Ranch) had lots of beads and these beautiful dyed lace motifs.
I bought the peacock in both the colored version and in pristine white -- such a neat motif I just couldn't resist!

I also live fairly close to Florilegium, a wonderful store that has tons of hand-dyed silk ribbon, yarns, buttons, anything and everything to tempt your pocketbook. Since I am sadly lacking in the silk ribbon department, I had to come home with some of these. The little bundles are multi-yarn/ribbon assortments and I can't wait to use them in a project. The braided skeins are silk floss. I told myself I was going to break out of my blue/purple rut, but you can see that I didn't do too good (LOL).
So that's where my money has gone this month!


8 comments:

Gerry said...

What a haul you made. LOL. I just love the peacock and the silk ribbons. I don't have very many either but even if I did, I wouldn't know what to do with them :-(

Charlene said...

...and what a wonderful investment it is! I can see why you couldn't resist those peacocks - beautiful!

Sandie said...

Hope your Mum is doing well hun, been sending healing thoughts. Your stash from the show is wonderful .... yum yum yum, I love stash!

Chelle said...

Neat stash!

JK said...

You know you are outdoing me!! Okay, I'll have to go shop some more to keep up with you! I am afraid to ask, but no luck in finding your order from Evening Star?? I know Mads has it, she told Sydney the other night on the phone.

Ati. Norway. said...

You did a good job buying those nice things to work with. Nice material will give you much inspiration :))

JK said...

Hey doll, I tried emailing you several times but all your emails are bouncing. What's up with that?? I also sent you a message to the list hoping you would see it. Something is going on at your end. Again thanks for the Kudo's on Bast!

JK said...

Hey hot stuff! I come looking for pictures of blocks and where you at?

Thanks hon for your post, and yes that wonderful man spoiled me again. I get the biggest kick when I told him what I wanted and he just rolls his eyes and in that Antonio Banderas accent says "oh no..not again"... ;)