Tuesday, May 15, 2007

7 Things MeMe and My Mom

My first tag! It comes from Charlene at http://www.whenthisyouseerememberme.blogspot.com

I'm supposed to list 7 things about me -- hmmm.

1. I love living alone and will never live with anyone else (except Madeline) again.

2. I dream of the day when my time is my own and I don't have to give it to someone else (job). However, being of the generation I am, I don't think I will ever get to have a retirement unless I win the lotto.

3. I am the most impatient person in the world.

4. I am left handed and my elbows are double jointed. I can turn my hand and arm into weird positions. I would do this in front of my brothers when we were little and make them sick.

5. I am sort of introverted and don't talk much on first meeting people. This freaks a lot of people out, they think I'm snotty or bored with them or just totally uninterested, so I have to make an effort to actually talk instead of just listening to everyone else and taking everything in.

6. I love to go on car trips. I love to drive (fast) on the highway and can drive for hours and hours on the highways. (Gee, must have been all the road trips my parents took us on when young. My dad would drive for a solid two weeks).

7. I don't like ice cream.

Now I'm supposed to tag some other people -- I'll start with JK (http://www.jkcrazyquilting.blogspot.com)


News on my mother: she had hip replacement surgery and the surgery went well. She wasn't moving very good for the first 3-4 days, but now it's getting better. She's determined to be up and move around and do all the things she did before, so that's over half the battle. Of course, insurance kicked her out of the hospital in about 4 days so she's at a Rehab Center and is wanting to come home. She takes her therapy very seriously.

I sell at craft shows with my parents. I'm a little worried about some of the outdoor shows with the uneven ground, etc. that goes along with outdoor shows so if anyone has any hints, do's or don't's that you can pass along, I'd sure appreciate it.

4 comments:

JK said...

Hey you... dang it! I did that moo-moo thingie, but didn't tag anyone, as I don't know that many people! Guess I could hit Christy, if she already hasn't been hit. Dang, are you going to start stuff for the craft shows already? I thought you just finished all that! Time alludes me, what can I say.

Thelma said...

I had a good friend who was double jointed and I thought it was neat how she could do her fingers and all.(g) Sure hope your mom has a speedy and successful recovery.

Charlene said...

Welcome back... It seems that on all the memes, there's at least one thing that is like my own... You? A friend had here knee replaced, and said the hardest part was on concrete at their sales booth??

Gerry said...

ROFL. It must be a "Lefty" thing!