Friday, April 20, 2007

Dark Tower Fans?

Anyone reading this also read Stephen King's The Dark Tower series? I'm *finally* starting the last book, Vol. VII, I believe. And then it hit me -- all the imagery and scenes from this series would make the coolest quilt! I can see it in my minds eye -- the Dark Tower, a blood red rose twining through it, lots of doorways, Black 13, a billy bumbler, wizards, Slow Mutants, ahhhh, the list goes on and on.

So I've added it to my very lengthy to-do list for me. And since anything "for me" gets put on the back burner, I'll probably be in the old folks home, wearing my orthopaedic shoes with my blue hair, trying to explain billy bumblers and todash and O Discordia to the staff. Whereupon, I will promptly be transferred to the mental health side and they'll take away my scissors and needles.

5 comments:

bcgurl said...

Oh yes, oh yes, loooved the Dark Tower series. Such a fascinating series but not too gross, like earlier SK. I won't spoil it for you but the ending is so cool and will really blow you away...enjoy!!

Charlene said...

Just keep that list going and you won't need the old folks home! An active mind...

Lauri said...

I haven't read the books but it does sound like a great project. I have one based on Katherine Kurtz books. It isn't Cq but redwork.Well actually portraits done in dark brown thread on marbled fabric that looks like parchment. I keep putting it off because it is a project strictly for me , so my advice is not to put it off forever. Have fun!
Lauri

Chelle said...

I haven't read any SK for a while and never did get to the Dark Tower series. It does sound like you've got a great idea for a quilt, though.

Charlene said...

I mentioned your comment about making a quilt using this series as a theme, and my son went bananas. He LOVED LOVED it, and convinced me to give it a try - The Gunslinger is on my night table now ...