Thursday, February 15, 2007

UFO Philosophy and/or Justification

My friend Christine (a cyber-friend of many, many years) has come up with the most excellent philosophy for UFO (unfinished objects). This is one of the best justifications I've seen and I wanted to share it with you all.

If you bought the materials for the project because it made you excited and you enjoyed working on it -- then it was bought as entertainment.

If the entertainment factor is over before the project is completed, then the project is DONE. It served it's purpose. It's purpose wasn't to own a sweater, a completed stitchery or a quilt, it was ENTERTAINMENT.

So there should be no guilt in declaring it "DONE" and moving on to the next entertainment project.

Don't you just love this?

3 comments:

Charlene said...

Yes, I do. I plan to link to this philosophy with some further thoughts!

Chelle said...

Holy cats, what a concept! It really is all about the joy in the journey. When the journey is over, it's over. I think I like it!

Susan said...

Yep, and that's totally true. Someday, when I'm too old to drive myself to the store, and no one will come take me, I'll get back to that entertainment, too. I'll just walk into my own closet and go shopping! =)