Monday, February 19, 2007

Snowed In Weekend


Yet another snowed in weekend in the wonderful place I live. At least staying home all weekend helps you get things done. Here's some more work on the block I'm doing for my fantasy quilt. I did lots of silk ribbon embroidery on the bottom and then beaded, beaded and thought, gee, let's add some more beads (LOL). I still have work to do on this. I really like more of an encrusted look. And Trish, do you recognize anything on the left hand side of the block? My friend Trish is a big jewelry person. She gave me a bag bag of her old jewelry -- you know, single earrings, broken necklaces, etc. Such fun things to look through and add to blocks.

6 comments:

Trixie Lou said...

Heeeey! I was just telling Christine about giving you my old jewelery . . . she says that I'm a jewelery packrat and it's time to give you some more, haha. I have a bunch of other stuff for you, next time I see ya.

I love what you're working on. Beautiful! I'll call you this week. Maybe we can do some antiquing this weekend.

Charlene said...

You're doing beautiful work! Is this yet to go out, or is it back to you? Encrusted, you say? I can see sequins or beads on his tail...

Ati said...

This is very special, that you are making now. Thanks for the compliment on my blog.

Marcia said...

Love the ribbon embroidery and the beads! I enjoy sewing beads on things.....it's so easy to get carried away! Stay warm!

Lynn said...

Lesa, I love your blocks, they are beautiful, you are truely gifted.

Thelma said...

It is so beautiful.