Thursday, February 01, 2007

FairyLand


I spent last weekend and my day off in Fairy Land. As some of you may (or maybe not) know, I like to play with altered art. I'm doing a series of little "fairy houses." I made several of these last year for my craft shows and they were very quickly snapped up -- usually in multiples -- which is nice because I wouldn't want the fairies to get lonely (LOL)

Here's the front of one of them.

For feet, the house has bingo markers. It's been painted with a variety of paints, lots of collage elements, including tissue paper, pages from an old math book, rick rack, and of course the little fairy with her violin.





And one side and the back.





These are so fun to do -- I really enjoy them and I hope they find new homes during the craft show circuit.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

What a fun idea! I hope they fly off the sales table.