Monday, December 31, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Friday, December 14, 2007
The weathermen are saying we're going to get 5 to 9 inches of snow here tonight, and then that will be all for the end of this month. In other words, a brown Christmas. Do you think we could hold them to this? I would LOVE for that forecast to be right. I'm already tired of ice and snow and cold. What exactly do you think we should do with weathermen who can't seem to predict the weather in spite of all the fancy, high tech, high dollar equipment they have?
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Friday, December 07, 2007
Raegan asked a question about my hand painted lace post way back here. The question is: "I wonder if a regular hot iron is okay on the DecoArt So Soft paints or if it damages the color?" And the answer is: a regular hot iron is perfectly okay. You need the heat to help set the paint. It does not damage the lace or the color. And the DecoArt paints do not change the hand (feel) of the lace. It is still soft enough to sew on and even bead through. Give this a try -- I think you'll like it. Joann's is a great place to pick up the DecoArt fabric paints and they have sales on them quite often (even though the regular price is pretty cheap, sale is even better!).
Everyone have a fun weekend and I hope you live in a place with much better weather then here.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Monday, December 03, 2007
But that's good news for you guys. If you're looking for any last minute little handmade Christmas gifts, I've got several things on ebay and in the etsy shop. The link for the shop is on the right. Feel free to take a look. As far as the ebay auctions, they are all completed cross stitch items and you can see them here, and here, and here and here. I might add more later in the week -- I think I still have plenty of time to mail. I hope so because I haven't mailed any of my own Christmas presents out (LOL)
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
And I did hear back from Quilting Arts magazine and once again I am a reject (LOL). So that's two strikes from them and I'm not hanging around for the third strike. So I'll soon be telling the story of the little ghost girls and Emma Violet (which you can see in the post of October 29th).
And I also need to hear from Laura in Texas about your give away prize. You came through as "anonymous" so I have no way to getting in touch with you. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your baggy.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Friday, November 02, 2007
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
- I'm left handed. While that's not too weird in the world in general, I am the only one in my whole entire family. No siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. are left handed. Just me.
- I hated sewing in high school. I would write English compositions for a girl in my class and she would sew my garments for me. Now I have a very expensive sewing machine (my 3rd one) and I love to sew!
- I do not know my multiplication tables past the 5's. For some reason I have a mental block against them and have never been able to learn them.
- I cannot and will not stand to see an animal mistreated and will immedately step in and stop it. My little brother and I beat up a teenage boy when we were barely in grade school over animal abuse, and I confronted an idiot in the back of a pick up truck that was beating a dog while in my twenties (and wearing a dress -- free show on the edge of the highway while I picked up my skirt and jumped into the back of a pick up). I will also "steal" an animal from someone when I see it being abused and find it a good home.
- My worst month is January. I hate the cold and January seems to go on forever. It is best if you just don't talk to me during that month (g).
- I am totally addicted to Diet Coke. I rarely drink anything else and keep a steady stream going from sun up until way past sun down.
- And the last and probably the weirdest for anyone that knows me -- I would love to renounce the world and go and live like the Amish. No electricity, no phones, no modern conveniences. Just peace and quiet and all the time is YOUR time, not someone else's.
So there it is. I haven't been able to make it around too many blogs lately, but I will tag:
Here's the rules: Link to your tagger and post these rules, Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird., Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them), and Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Monday, October 08, 2007
Friday, October 05, 2007
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Friday, September 28, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Fall also means the start of my craft shows. This year not quite as many shows since my mother is recovering from a broken hip/hip replacement surgery. I decided she needed to start out slower, not one show every single weekend. Plus it's easier for me as I work full time and my boss does his best to deny each and every vacation day asked for (in fact, he's working on a plan to do away with ALL paid holidays and vacation pay -- no work, no pay -- so that will give you a clue as to my next big project (LOL)).
So I hope all of you are enjoying the cooler weather and everyone has a good weekend.
Thursday, September 06, 2007
Friday, August 31, 2007
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Not to change the subject -- but all last week while hearing about the almost hourly recall of products from China, I got to thinking how scary it is to buy something for your children and then hear about a recall from lead paint -- or remember the pet food? A lot of animals died over that recall. If you want to buy American made goods, one of the best places to go is your local craft shows. You can support someone in your community, get a well made toy and/or gift items and buy American all at the same time. Yeah, you may pay a dollar or two more then you do at Walmart or one of the other cheap import shops, but you won't have to be worrying about whether the item will be recalled. Just make sure the crafter you're buying from actually makes their stuff and is not someone who is just importing more cheap junk from China or other countries.
Monday, August 27, 2007
I'm frantically getting ready for my craft show season. My first show is weekend after next. AHHHH!!!! Where the heck did the summer go? I thought I had months and months to get ready for Fall. Guess I blinked or something (LOL)
Anyway, I'll be back on Thursday with some photos of my "stuff" for the shows. I have to post this and put it in writing so I will get in gear and get my things organized and ready to roll for the 2007 craft season. See you soon with pictures.