Thursday, August 17, 2006

TA DA! It's DONE!

I finally finished the commission quilt -- what a monster! I know lots of you probably do these big bedsize quilts all the time, but it's been a long time since I've wrestled with a 6 foot monster like this -- ha!

Here it is in all it's glory -- photo transfers of the client's little doggies and kitty. This is for her husband's birthday, which is Aug. 24 (just in the nick of time!).


Here's a closer look at one of the blocks. This little puppy is no longer with us, so Justice is wearing the St. Francis medal. I know the photos don't show it very well, but there's lots of decorative stitches on the seams of the blocks. The quilting (machine) is done in red and white. On the back of the quilt are two neckerchiefs of Justice (both red -- her favorite color!). There are also miles and miles of binding, sewn by hand of course.

All in all -- a big weight is off my shoulders with getting this done. I just hope they like it.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow, I can't believe you did so much work on this! I can't imagine I'd ever do that large a crazy quilt. I hope you charged them appropriately - nah, no one could afford that!