Friday, July 28, 2006

Oh Baby!


I finally got some of the baby quilts order done. This is one-half of them (4 quilts done, 4 more to go). Of course, when I brought them in to the client, other people in the office saw them and after the first of the year (after my craft shows are over), I will have a lot more orders. Which is funny in a way as I don't have children, have never been around babies much (didn't even babysit much when I was a teenager) and here I am in the baby quilt business!

Here's the first two: the frogs were extremely popular. I have the feeling I'll be making a lot more of these.

The train quilt has the words "box car," "caboose," "choo choo"
embroidered on some of the blocks. There is
smoke coming out of the engines.


















On the pig quilt, the top border says "This Little Piggie Went to Market" and the bottom border says "This Little Piggie Stayed Home"




















And the heart quilt is just plain raw edge applique (I used pinking shears) and big stitch embroidery/quilting on top.

6 comments:

Iris said...

They are all wonderful! I can see why everyone likes the frogs...so cute! Looks like you have a very good business going.

wilma said...

They all look great and very cheerfull for a baby, think you
will get a lot more orders and a blooming business! Hugs, WILMA

Elizabet said...

Lesa they are lovely as always!
Love the frog ones!

Rosalind said...

They are all lovely. Such gorgeous bright colours!

Maureen said...

It looks as though you will be making baby quilts for some time!
The bright colours! the perky frogs!
The choo choo!
Love them all.........but the frogs get my #1 vote!

Dee said...

The frog quilt is my favorite, but all of them are fantastic, such lovely bright colors.