Thursday, July 06, 2006

CQ Block


Here's one of the first CQ Blocks I did. The hand is mine from 1972 (or thereabouts). I started at a young age and I made a quilt for my grandmother. I made felt hands of everyone in our family, embroidered on the hand and had little medallions of our zodiac sign and various other "crafty" things and presented it to my grandmother. Years later, after my grandmother had died, my mother gave the quilt back to me.

Since it was felt, it had discolored and was pretty sorry looking. But since the hands were of my grandparents (gone), my brothers when they were younger, I took those off the quilt and am going to use them in a family quilt of my own. There's a sunflower on there (not too clear in the picture) and the frog prince. Not too much embellishing on this one yet, but that will change in the future, I'm sure.

No comments: