Thursday, June 22, 2006

What a Morning!!

On my way to work, I see a terrible accident between a car and a van. Neither going very fast (certainly not as fast as I was going), but the damage was something else.

Then I arrive at work and get stuck in the elevator for 15 minutes. Alone. And I'm a little claustophobic. Our maintenance men (a father and son team) were wonderful and kept talking to me so I wouldn't scream. They couldn't get the doors open, so one of them climbed on top of the car I was in to release the safety so I wouldn't have to wait an hour for the elevator repair people. I can't wait to see what the rest of the day brings.

Meanwhile, here's a pic of a sweet little wallhanging I did out of very vintage handkerchiefs. It's 14 inches square and the pearls on it are vintage. This was a lot of fun to make, but this sweet, girlie thing is not my style. So I'm offering it up on etsy.

2 comments:

Trixie Lou said...

Holy, moly, Batman! I was just telling the hubbie how crazy and scary the highways are in the morning. We had to go an alternate route because of an accident on I-435. I'm glad you weren't hurt.

And GEEMANEE CHRISTMAS! Stuck in an elevator? I can't think of a worse place for you to get stuck in (except for maybe an accident-crumpled car, LOL)

Glad you made it to your office OK! Of course, the day is still young, hehehe . . .

I really like your vintage hankies. It would be perfect for just the right person and just the right room. It would actually look nice in my bedroom, if I had any wallspace left, haha. Oh well.

jblack designs said...

Very cute. Love the colors and embellishments. Interesting contrast to the story of your morning, too. ;-) And I *love* your About Me statement. Jennifer