Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Quilts, Quilts and More Quilts

I FINALLY finished the blocks for the Commission quilt -- 30 blocks, 12 inches square. Now I have to do thread work and sew them together and do some light machine quilting. Then there's binding and all that.

Today, my (nice) boss, asks for 8 more baby quilts. AHHHH!!! He purchased 8 baby quilts at the beginning of the year. And he's a bachelor! A very generous one at that. So my fingers will be busy, busy, busy. The good thing is that I can make them whatever design I want, and there's no firm deadline. He likes it when I trickle in with 2 or 3 at a time. Here's some pics of the previous ones I did early this year. The colors on the rocking horse quilt are very off -- it's bright orange and yellows with one purple horse in the center..

1 comment:

Jo in NZ said...

My Mum used the rocking horse design on my sons cot quilt. It's nice to see it done in diff colours. It must be great to make money from what you enjoy. I'm working on that!!