Tuesday, May 02, 2006

New Sewing Machine



Everyone has been asking me (well, Iris Susan asked!), what I've been doing with the new sewing machine. So I thought I'd show you a few things.


This is a door hanger I made. The sunflower is cross-stitched. The stitching on the seams is done by the Janome 6600. I also wrote the word "sunflower" using the fonts on the machine. I sell at craft shows in spring, fall and winter, so this will be an item going into the craft show.

I have a friend I met through an ad in RubberStampMadness. We do challenges with each other every month or so. She sent me the pattern for this art doll. I painted the fabric and used the new machine to do all the fancy stitching on the body. The face is a rubber stamp image. All the beading is done by hand. This little doll looked a little like an amoeba, so I put a skirt on her.

I've been doing several things for the craft shows, and I'll show you more another day.

1 comment:

Iris said...

Thank you for sharing. Looks like you are having fun with the new machine.