Friday, May 12, 2006

Dream



Here's two versions of a DREAM pillow top. I got this pattern on line, somewhere, don't ask where because I simply can't remember now.

I first did it in the country colors and used denim for the sashing. I'm getting a little weary of the muted country colors, but since this is what sells in my area, this is what I do. However, my bright fabrics were calling to me and I had to try it out. Personally, I like the bright version the best. Can you just image what kind of dreams you would have with the bright, wild colors?

You can't tell from the photos but the letters are stitched on with various colored threads using lots of different decorative stitches. Life's too short to use the same satin stitch edging every time (ha!)

I'll take both versions to my craft shows this Fall and see which ones goes first.

2 comments:

abeautifulcraft said...

Hiya Lesa, thanks for comment on my blog. I was curious, what part of Law are you within??? I am also and studying to go further.... Loved reading your blog!!!!!!!! Hugs Sandie

Barb said...

Lesa, Hi this is Barb from BNV hand embroidery group....love your blog...love your pictures and kitty...I've somewhat started a blog on yahoo but don't post much to it...but really love what you are doing here. Keep up the good work. Hugs. Barb